Lerna, IL – A Starfleet Command's Seventh Fleet Chapter-in-Training – Launched from the U.S.S White Buffalo
We are always looking for new friends. If you are in patrol areas for the USS Little Fox (Lerna, IL) feel free to come by one of the meetings as listed on our calendar or agenda.
As mentioned previously there is no charge to join the USS Little Fox or the Seventh Fleet. We operate on a pay-your-own-way philosophy. Basically if the group attends an activity where there is an admittance fee (such as a movie) each person would purchase their own ticket. To cover standard operating costs we will hold fundraisers as needed. We usually ask that those under the age of 14 be accompanied by a parent or guardian at activities.
NOTE: Even though we participate in various form of gaming (including RPGs, Computer Gaming, CCGs and others) we are not an online SIM (Simulation) group.
1- Attend two meetings- Most Star Trek fans will attend at least one meeting just to see what it is like. Some discover that this is not their cup of Earl Grey tea. Those who wish to continue to have fun with us will return for more encounters. If you are being recruited the recruiter will let you know when and where the meetings are. If you are investigating on your own, feel free to contact the Commanding Officer or Executive Officer
2- Fill out an application- This will provide us with your contact information, introduce you to us and start your records. You can also choose which department you wish to join. Also if you were recruited by someone, this is the opportunity to credit them since they would receive Promotional Merit Points. We also have a character questionnaire and would like to get your photo for the records and website.
3- Meet the Command Staff- The Command Staff usually consists of the Commanding Officer and Executive Officer. This also starts the introduction into the family and so that they can make you feel welcomed at meetings.
4- Receive your Orders- Once the above requirements have been filled, your application is sent to the Seventh Fleet. Upon its return you will be presented with a Certificate of Membership which contains your Service Number, Initial Rank and Department.
If there are any questions about joining, you can email HERE
1. The applicant group must be a Star Trek focused club that has been in existence for more than two years. Other interests can be listed but Star Trek must be the primary focus.
2. No membership dues, fees or other money grubbing from prospective crew. The everyone pays their own way attitude. If dues exists, the time in the Chapter Applicant period could be used to phase out such a program.
3. Willing to adapt to the Seventh Fleet rank structure. During the probationary period the transformation could be made.
4. Established and certified Command Structure and personnel. This involves testing and review of existing command grade officers.
5. Ship’s standards, rules and regulations approved by the Seventh Fleet Council.
6. Active membership of the chapter greater than the number of Senior Officers and Command Staff.
7. Use a department type structure for personnel assignments (grouping people with common interests).
8. Willingness to submit to authority of and report to the Commander in Chief of the Seventh Fleet and accept assignments.
9. Willing to receive sponsorship from a member of the Seventh Fleet Council.
10. Approved by unanimous vote of the Seventh Fleet Council.
11. Special dispensation is allowed for special circumstances. Requires approval by the Commander in Chief.
If there are any questions about the New Chapter requirements, feel free to contact us at Info@SeventhFleet.org We realize that not all questions can be answered on the website.
By continuing you agree to the following:
I agree to support the decisions of the Command Staff & my Dept. Chief
I agree to accept assignments & to work to make the club a success.
I will share my talents and abilities with the club.
I will offer to pay for gas when given a ride by another member.
I will not bring drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or bad language to activities.
I will not come to activities if I am sick.
I will clean up after myself, and help clean up at activities.
I will avoid reckless horseplay.
I will leave prejudices, rumors, gossip, and backbiting outside all activities.
I will not be involved in loud or abusive arguments.
If possible I will defuse confrontations.
I will not cheat or take advantage of a fellow crew member.
I will take complaints about ship or crew to my Department Chief or the Command Staff.
I will use common courtesy and treat everyone on board like family!